About Bleadon WI
Welcome to the Bleadon WI blog where we will be able to keep you up to date with all the news and events going on at Bleadon WI
You will just need to log in regularly to catch up with us, and if you would like any stories, photos or events added just email the Bleadon WI committee at email@example.com
Bleadon WI meets at the Coronation Hall, Coronation Road, Bleadon at 7.30pm on the 2nd Thursday of every month, all are welcome.
Tuesday, 25 December 2012
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Tuesday, 4 December 2012
Tomorrow (Wednesday 5th December) is our trip to Bath for carol singing.
If you are lunching then the table is booked for 12 noon at Hall & Woodhouse directly behind Jollies in Bath, Veronica has your list of choices and you will need to pay your final balance depending on your choices on the day. If you have not yet chosen that is fine you can do it when we get there.
We will then walk down to the concert which starts at 2.30pm if you are not lunching we will see you at the Church.
A direct train will be leaving Weston-super-Mare train station at 09:37am arriving in Bath at 10:17am if anyone would like to travel together and then there will be time to look around the Christmas market etc..... If we travel in groups of 4 there is a discount so if anyone want to meet at the train station before 9.30am
A member is also leaving WsM at 10am and driving if you would like to lift share let us know asap
Friday, 9 November 2012
Tuesday, 6 November 2012
This Thursday is Bleadon WI night please come along to the Coronation Hall at 7.30pm for what is sure to be a very interesting evening with a very special speaker , Damian Peach, Astro Photographer and the winner of Astro Photographer of the Year 2011 with his photographs of Jupiter and several of its moons.
http://www.damianpeach.com/ The produce table will be open so please bring along your donations for the table all proceeds go to Bleadon WI, Bleadon WI bags will also be on sale great for Christmas presents.
Also we are still collecting non-perishable food for the local Food Bank, milk bottle tops and old printer cartridges for South West Childrens Hospice. Rememberance day service is Sunday 11 nov at the church in bleadon at 1015. All members would be REALLY welcome.(we do lay a wreath)
We need donations for the raffle table and also for the Xmas hamper. The carol singing is booked for wed 12 dec@7pm at the queens See you Thursday night
Monday, 8 October 2012
- The "Produce Table" will be open so any donations you have would be gratefully received as this time of Year we struggle with plants, fruit & veg but anything you have in your garden we would love, or any baking you have done, chutneys, jams etc and Im told our "regular" chickens are not laying so if anyone else has some spare eggs they are always really popular
- £3.00 cheque made payable to "Bleadon WI" for your programme for the WI Carol Concert in Bath on Wednesday 5th December 2012 - and let us know if you are having lunch with us at the Hall & Wood House Bar & Restaurant
- Check it out at http://hall-woodhousebath.co.uk/
- Any bottle tops, stamps or ink cartridges for Childrens Hospice South Wes
- Any donations of dry type food (pasta, jars, dried milk etc) - see previous emails for Food Bank Donations
- Our lovely Bleadon WI bags will also be on sale
Tuesday, 2 October 2012
The ticket cost £17.50 and there are 14 people going from around the village so you will not alone !
Please let me asap if you are interested
Friday, 14 September 2012
Friday, 31 August 2012
Friday, 10 August 2012
Monday, 6 August 2012
Sunday, 29 July 2012
Well done to all those members who have returned their forms to Jo.
I am pleased to say that our running total as of 29th July is 1506.51 miles walked and 13.75 miles swum.
Very well done everyone who has contributed so far, this is a fantastic total. Please don't get complacent we could achieve so much more.
Thanks for all your support so far. The last arranged walk is this Wednesday We will leave Royal Sands at 7pm and walk to the Old Pier and back. As this is the last walk more support would be appreciated.
There is 6 weeks to go until the end of the competition so get walking and swimming.